2. How does UCANews collect Personal Information?
3. What if a viewer does not want to provide personal information?
4. What kind of Personal Information does UCANews store?
5. How will UCANews use Personal Information?
6. Your Access to Personal Information
7. Will Personal Information be disclosed to anyone else?
8. How is Personal Information protected?
10. More Information?
The protection of private and confidential information is fundamental to UCAN trading as UCANews (UCANews) or its associated websites:
UCANews is committed to safeguarding personal information it holds on behalf of its viewers and is committed to do so in accordance with international best practice.
This statement sets out UCANews’ policy relating to the collection, storage, access and use of personal information for all sites that form part of the network of UCANews digital sites. For a list of all such sites or to find out more about these sites, visit www.ucanews.com
2. How does UCANews collect personal information?
UCANews operates the Website. The Website allows viewers to subscribe to become members, subscribe to daily newsletters and to submit comments on certain news articles. Where a viewer subscribes to, or submits a comment, the viewer must provide a name and email address for the purpose of identifying the viewer, which assists the Website’s editorial and moderation process. Automatic collection: Cookies: We may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies contain information by which UCANews can identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies.
UCANews may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising that UCANews believes may be of interest, based on that information. In some cases a web page might contain more than one cookie, the information gathered from these different cookies used to build statistical and demographical information which does not identify you personally to advertisers and UCANews partners for marketing, promotional purposes.
To disable your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
3. What if a viewer does not want to provide personal information?
A viewer is not under any obligation to provide his or her personal information to UCANews. However, if a person does not provide their personal information they may not be able to access requested product or services, or submit and have posted any comments submitted on news articles and the like.
Similarly, UCANews may also refuse to post comments submitted where false or misleading personal information is supplied.
4. What kind of personal information does UCANews store?
The personal information we collect from the Website and store may include (but is not limited to), name, address, contact details, gender, occupation, company and if relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
How will UCANews use Personal Information?
Unless a viewer consents, UCANews will only use personal information collected from the Website for the purpose of identifying and directly contacting the viewer.
However Your personal information may also be used in order to:
- provide the services and information you require;
- administer and manage those services,( including charging billing and collecting Debts if required);
- inform you of UCAN activities, events, facilities and services;
- provide the viewer with news articles, or other materials
- conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
- research, develop and expand our facilities and services;
- gain an understanding of our viewers needs to provide a better service in all its areas of activities;
- maintain and develop our internal systems and infrastructure including upgrading of these systems;
- the personal information may also be collected to promote and market other services that we consider important or beneficial to our viewers
- process your recruitment application and conduct research into the recruitment process.
Accordingly, UCANews may write to any email address supplied by a viewer to confirm that the email address is genuine.
5. Your Access to Personal Information
Any viewer may retrieve a copy of the personal information UCANews holds about that viewer by contacting UCANews using the email address that the viewer supplied at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Will Personal Information be disclosed to anyone Else?
When posting a comment a viewer has submitted on the Website, UCANews will post the viewer’s name next to the comment to identify to other viewers who has submitted the comment. UCANews will not post a viewer’s email address unless the viewer has requested UCANews to do so.
Other than the above, UCANews is not required in the course of its operations to disclose personal information to any outside parties.
UCANews uses Aweber (aweber.com) to deliver the emails and enewsletters that you may ask to receive. Aweber stores the personal information on behalf of UCANews but all data, including emails, list content, subscriber lists and any list information disseminated through the Aweber.com services for UCANews, is the express property of UCANews.
In certain circumstances, UCANews may be compelled by law to disclose personal information to various authorities, such as where UCANews is compelled to disclose the personal information by a warrant.
UCANews uses the information supplied for the purpose given. UCANews does not sell, rent or trade personal information collected from the Website to or with third parties.
7. How is Personal Information protected?
UCANews takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information that it holds from misuse and loss. It also protects that information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Only a viewer can access his or her personal information.
UCANews maintains physical security, such as locks and security systems, over our electronic data stores and premises. It also maintains computer and network security, for example firewalls (security measures for the Internet), and other security measures, such as identification codes and passwords, to control access to computer systems.
9. More Information?
POST: 25/79-82 Moo 6, Soi Chinnaket 1/45, Nganwongwan Road
Bangkok, 10210 Thailand
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at http://www.privacy.gov.au.
© Ucan India 2018. All rights reserved.